San Carlo alle Quattro Fontane was commissioned by Cardinal Francesco Barberini in 1634 for the Holy Order of the Trinity; construction began in 1638 and the church was consecrated in 1646.
Frank Dabell, Dr. Beth Harris, and Dr. Steven Zucker provide a description, historical perspective, and analysis of Borromini’s San Carlo alle Quattro Fontane.
Francesco Borromini, San Carlo alle Quattro Fontane (“Carlino”), Rome, 1634–1646.
Dr. Beth Harris and Dr. Steven Zucker provide further insight about San Carlo alle Quattro Fontane.